General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This information is addressed to the membership of the Society in recognition of the requirements of the new GDPR regulations coming into effect in May 2018.
The Society has a database, the gold copy of which is held by the Treasurer. A copy of this database is regularly shared with the Secretary for administrative purposes only. In addition details of individual club membership is communicated to Liaison Officers for their club to update their records as a representative of the Society’s committee.
The database holds:
- Name of member
- His/her address, phone number and email address
- Club to which the member is currently attached
- A record of attendance at golf meetings, matches and dinners
- A grading system to establish a level of interest and involvement in the golfing and social activities of the Society.
- Payment of subscriptions unless he/she is an honorary member
The database is used:
- To maintain contact with members and manage membership
- To track payment of and the chasing up of subscriptions
- To communicate the selection of teams for matches against other societies and clubs.
This information is used for internal purposes only and under no circumstance will this data be subject to release to or for sale to external bodies or organisations.
The committee is of the opinion that this statement meets the requirements under the new GDPR legislation and it is inappropriate for members to be approached for permission for the Society to hold this information.
Robert R Howell, Hon Treasurer
Society of Hertfordshire Golf Captains